ONE DAY SENSITIZATION PROGRAMME
Panna Dhai Maa Subharti Nursing College with Breast Feeding Promotional Network in India (BPNI) under UNICEF organized a one day sensitization programme on “Infant and Young Child Feeding on 24/02/2017 in Seminar Hall, Panna Dhai Maa Subharti Nursing College.
Theme: INFANT AND YOUNG CHILD FEEDING
Beneficiaries: Nursing Students of B.Sc(Nursing), GNM & ANM of Panna Dhai Maa Subharti Nursing College.
The program begins by lighting the lamp by guest and faculties of Panna Dhai Maa Subharti Nursing College. An introduction about the programme was given by Ex. Capt. Geeta Parwanda, Principal, Panna Dhai Maa Subharti Nursing College along with welcome address.
38 nursing students attended the sensitization programme. Six sessions including demonstration were conducted regarding the need, technique, promotion and hygiene of breast feeding and preparation technique in complementary feeding
The first session includes 3 speakers. The sessions were held on the following topics
- “Importance, Benefits and need of breast feeding” by Mr. Praveen Dubey (National Trainer)
- “Physiology of Lactation & promotional activities of feeding” by Ms. Nazmeen (Trainer)
- “Positioning and technique of breast feeding” by Ms. Usha Dubey
The following topics were presented on second session
- “Breast conditions and maintenance of hygiene during breast feeding” by Ms. Nazmeen
- “What can be done when milk is not enough for child” by Mr. I M Ojha (National Trainer)
- “Complementary feeding and its preparation techniques” and function of IYCF by Mr. Praveen Dubey
The programme curtained down by vote of thanks by Ass. Prof, Mrs. K.P. Sunanda, HOD, Dept. of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Panna Dhai Maa Subharti Nursing College.