STATE LEVEL NURSING CONFERENCE
Panna Dhai Maa Subharti Nursing College of Swami Vivekanand Subharti University in collaboration with Society of Midwives India, UP Chapter organized a two day 1st State Level Nursing Conference on 26th and 27th November 2016. The Venue for the conference was Guru Tegh Bahadur Auditorium, Subharti University.
Theme : “Safe Birthing Practices for Mothers & their Newborn”
Sub Themes : 1. Safe environment during birth for mothers and babies
2. Keeping mother and baby together for positive outcomes
3. Sensitivity to women during childbirth
Chief Guest : Mrs. Rathi Balachandran, Asst. Director General of Nursing, Ministry of Health
The session was also chaired by Dr. Mukti Bhatnagar, Founder President, SKKB Charitable Trust, Prof. Mrs. Bandana Bhattacharya, Advisor, SOMI, Ex. Capt. Mrs. Geeta Parwanda, Principal, Panna Dhai Maa Subharti Nursing College, Mrs. Geeta Rajdhan, AIIMS, N. Delhi and Mrs. T. Halden, RMLHCON, N. delhi.
The program begins with lighting of the lamp by chief guest and other dignitaries followed by a welcome dance by Ms. Charmy Tyagi. Inaugural note was delivered by Ex. Capt. Geeta Parwanda, Organizing chairperson.
After the welcome the chief guest and other dignitaries released the college Souvenir. The chief guest has given a great speech on the needs of safe birthing practices and awarded certificates to the students. Followed by this was an inspirational speech by Dr. Mukti Bhatnagar, Founder president, SKKB Charitable Trust. Then the inauguration of poster presentation was done by chief guest and other guests
Over 200 delegates attended and participated in the two day Conference which brought together nursing professional and nursing educators from around the state.
The various sessions of conference was conducted to remind the need of creating safer birth environment for mothers and newborns. It was geared towards reminding ethical and legal issues in labor process.
The beneficiary groups of the program were:
- Nursing Teaching faculties and Nursing educator
- Health Professionals
- M.Sc Nursing Students
- B.Sc Nuring & GNM (interns) students
- Staff Nurses
1st day program
The first day conference included over 3 presenters. The sessions were held on the following topics:
- Creating safer birth environment for Mother & new born: Physical & Nursing Care by Prof. Mrs. Bandana Bhattacharya, Advisor, SOMI
- Creating safer birth environment for Mother and newborn: A Technical View point by Mrs. Geeta Rajdhan, Lecturer, AIIMS, New Delhi
- Ethical and legal issues in labor process by Mrs. T. Halden, Lecturer, RMLHCON, New Delhi
After the sessions scientific paper presentations started and various researchers from various colleges of U.P presented their abstracts.
2nd day program
The following presentations on sub theme were presented:
- Holistic health for mother and newborn by Prof. Ms. Kalpana Mandal, Dean, PDMSNC. Questions were raised by the participants regarding the knowledge of public about new health schemes and programmes by government.
- Prevention and elimination of brutality and disrespect during child birth by Prof. Neerja, Principal, Narayan Swami Nursing college, Dehradun.
- Breast Milk-A key for mother and baby bonding- A brain storming session by Dr. Smriti Gupta.
- A skilled practice session was conducted by JHPEIGO team with the help of college faculty on the topic Infection control in maternal/ neonatal Unit- A skilled practice session by dividing a group of 15 members for 4 stations. Then an expert session on neonatal skin care was done by Johnson and Johnson-the official sponsor of the program
The program curtained down with the valedictory session.
The 1st state level nursing conference on safe birthing practices for mother & their new born in collaboration with SOMI Up chapter has marked its first successful growth in the profession of nursing. Delegates from various districts of UP participated in the conference. 204 delegates were acknowledged in the conference.