ONE DAY WORKSHOP ON CARE OF MOTHERS AND THEIR NEWBORNS-MIDWIVES ROLE
Theme: Care of Mothers and their newborns-Midwives Role
Workshop Organizers: Faculty Members of Panna Dhai Maa Subharti Nursing College with Collaboration of Society of Midwives
Venue: Guru Tegh Bahadur Auditorium, Swami Vivekanand Subharti University, Meerut.
Panna Dhai Maa Subharti Nursing College with Collaboration of Society of Midwives India (SOMI), organized a one day state level workshop on “Care of Mothers and their newborns-Midwives Role” on 20th August 2016. The Session was chaired by Dr. Prakashamma, Advisor, SOMI (Special guest), Dr. N. K. Ahuja, Vice Chancellor, SVSU and Prof Bandana Bhattacharya Ex. Principal Rajkumari Amritkour Nursing College.
The program begin with Lighting of the lamp by chief guest and other dignitaries. Inaugural note was delivered by Ex. Capt. Geeta Parwanda, Principal, Panna Dahi Maa Subharti Nursing College.
Unveiling of the theme was done by Dr. Prakashamma and a motivational speech was given to take forward the workshop with active participation.
The one day workshop attracted 134 delegates, in and around Uttar Pradesh including ANM professional, students from Allied health Science and faculty members from different nursing colleges and institutes of UP and the new 29th chapter of SOMI in UP, i.e.. SOMI Chapter was launched.
The workshop was designed to update and strengthen the basic skills of midwives and to remind them about the value of basic midwifery care in the reduction of maternal and newborn deaths. It was geared towards reminding midwives about ethical care and the philosophy of midwifery care.
The main workshop program, included over 4 presenters. The session were held on the following topics:
- Early Identification of Obstetrical emergencies and its management
- Early Identification of Neonatal risks and its management
- Role of Midwives in Care of mothers and their newborns
- Practice Session on Insertion of Intra Uterine Contraceptive Device.
Key note speakers included:
- Dr. Shashi Prateek, Professor & HOD, Dept. of OBG, Subharti Medical college,Meerut-
Early Identification of Obstetrical emergencies and its management
- Dr. Archana Dubey, Professor, Dept. of Paediatrics, Subharti Medical college, Meerut-
Early Identification of Neonatal risks and its management
- Prof. Bandana Bhattacharya, Ex- Principal, RAK College of Nursing, New Delhi- Role of Midwives in Care of mothers and their newborns.
- Dr. Heema Agarwal, National Trainer, Hindustan Latex Family Planning Promotion Trust (HLFPPT)- Practice Session on Insertion of Intra Uterine Contraceptive Device:-
- First, 30 minutes theory part of Intra Uterine Contraceptive Device was taken, followed by demonstration of Insertion of Intra Uterine Contraceptive Device for 10 minutes. Two stations were arranged for the demo and re demo. Its objective was completed with gain in knowledge and practices of students in Intra Uterine Contraceptive Device.
The 29th SOMI’s chapter of India begins with the most useful workshop theme “Care of mothers and their new borns-Midwives role” and UP Chapter SOMI has marked its first step for succesful growth in the profession of nursing. Delegates from various districts of UP and nursing and allied health professionals paricipated actively in the Workshop. 3 Useful lectures and 1 Skill Demonstation took place. 134 delegates were acknowledged in the workshop.